Improve your ride and get great flat protection with Vittoria's Randonneur tires. They sport a grippy tread pattern reinforced with Aramid fibers for long-wearing durability. And, the 60-thread-per-inch nylon casing has double shielding for enhanced puncture protection.
- 430-570g (28-37mm)
- Wire bead
Surly's Knard is a 27.5-inch x 41mm tire with the perfect tread for maximum traction and low rolling resistance. Designed for wherever your path leads, the Knard is the tire you want beneath you as you plot your next adventure.
Fast-rolling DH tire for hardpack trails.
Maxxis' downhill athletes face a wide variety of terrain and conditions over the course of a season. For dry and hardpack courses, Maxxis has developed the Griffin. The tread pattern is less aggressive than other tires in Maxxis' line, but still uses the durable casing Maxxis DH tires are known for. The knobs are smaller and more tightly spaced, with heavily ramped leading edges to keep rolling resistance down on tracks with lots of pedaling.
- Less aggressive tread design than other Maxxis DH tires
- Wire bead
- 3C Maxx Grip and Super Tacky compounds available
The standard in fast descending front tires. Often imitated, never duplicated.
The Minion DHF is the standard by which all other downhill tires are measured. The DHF incorporates ramped knobs for low rolling resistance and channel-cut knobs to increase gripping edges, giving straight-line control and precise cornering.
- Directional, ramped knob design - front or rear
- Multiple rubber compounds available
Bontrager's AW3 Hard-Case Lite tire offers flat protection without sacrificing high-end road feel. Its sub-tread puncture barrier keeps you rolling so you can concentrate on putting in the miles. And, the Hard-Case Lite's high-speed tread compound provides optimal traction and low-rolling resistance no matter what the weather, so this tire is equally at home racing or spring training. It even has a unique bead that closes the gap between the tire and rim for improved aerodynamics.
• Advanced tread profile and texture gives low rolling resistance with excellent cornering grip
• Butyl-lined casing improves air retention for consistent tubeless ready performance
• TLR - Tire is engineered for use with Bontrager TLR Sealant as the final step in a worry-free, tubeless setup
• Hard-Case Lite - Lightweight sub-tread material protects against punctures
Bontrager's R4 clincher gives unequaled road feel and racing performance in an extremely durable hand-built tire thanks to Hard-Case Lite protection.
• Lightweight 320 tpi hand-built clincher
• Excellent for road and criterium racing
• Super supple polyamide synthetic fiber reinforcement for added casing strength
• Hard-Case Lite has lightweight sub-tread material protecting against punctures
Bontrager's R4 Road tire is a high performance race tire that is built to go fast! The round profile and lightly textured tread low-rolling resistance and grip like glue in the corners. The 220tpi casing and folding beads deliver a wonderfully supple ride and lighten the tire considerably. You also get sub-tread protection against flat tires and equally impressive, Bontrager's unique aero wing design that improves airflow so that the R4 actually saves you energy on every ride.
The TRS Race tire utilize the same tread pattern as previous versions, but have been reengineered with the addition of tapered Apex inserts designed into the tire. Combined with a layer of woven aramid reinforcement to protect against sidewall cuts and punctures, increasing grip under cornering and braking, while decreasing rolling resistance.
- Aggressive tread pattern with a structural, angled base on the side knobs to control tire roll under high-speed cornering
- Sipes are positioned to provide confident transitions from straight lines to cornering and confident braking traction
- Ramped, shorter center knobs keep TRS tires rolling fast
- Race tire features a single-ply design with slow rebound tacky rubber center tread, with high-tack rubber on side knobs
- Tubeless-ready design
Zipp’s Tangente Course G40 (700x40c) is a purpose-built tubeless gravel/off-pavement tire for smooth control over untamed roads. Grippy for aggressive riding, this tire provides the control and durability demanded by gravel, dirt, rocks, and mud.
The Tangente Course G40 is a wide (40mm) tire designed for control, which, in gravel, translates into higher overall speed. In developing this tire, Zipp began with a chevron center-tread pattern for speed that transitions to an inverted soccer cleat design, then they added XC-style knobs on the edges for the ability to dig in when you need it. Durability was crucial.
The tire’s casing and bead-to-bead puncture protection strip navigates the fine line between supple and stiff so that grip and performance do not suffer while making an incredibly durable gravel tire. The tire’s 40mm width was carefully selected to be most effective with its tread pattern while also fulfilling riders’ evolving preferences for wider tires for gravel events and off-pavement riding. It’s just what you need for gnarly, all-day riding, and it also performs exceptionally well with Zipp’s widest and most versatile rim, the 303.
- High performance gravel and adventure tire
- Aggressive cornering side knobs for excellent control
- Fast-rolling center section
- Bead-to-bead puncture protection strip
- Tubeless Ready
- 127 TPI
- 30-65 psi
- Weight: 465g
Conventional wisdom on bicycle tires has held that smaller is better. Smaller tires were supposed to be lighter, more aerodynamic and have lower rolling resistance. Then came science. Research has shown that a larger tire has the ability to cut rolling resistance, making you faster than you would be with a traditional 23c-wide racing tire. And of course, a larger tire offers improved grip in dry and wet conditions. In some cases, when using the right rim, a bigger tire also can improve aerodynamics. Let’s not forget that comfort gets a big upgrade as well.
The Zipp Tangente Course R30 tire give riders a high performance clincher at widths suitable for less than perfect conditions—rough roads, wet roads. The looming disc brake revolution will mean that you can run tires significantly larger than the 25mm limit on many bikes. The Tangente Course R30 tires take disc brakes’ opportunity for increased tire width and multiplies that with faster rolling, better grip and improved aerodynamics.
- High-performance sport and training clincher tire
- 30mm width
- 120tpi nylon casing
- Nylon puncture protection layer under tread
- 260 grams (R28), 306 grams (R30)
- 33.15 watts of rolling resistance @ 40kph (with Zipp butyl tube)
- 70 ShA durometer rubber (Shore A)
- New water-siping tread pattern
- Comfortable in rough conditions
Tangente Speed: Designed for race day, the feather-weight Tangente Speed clincher features a 220tpi casing with thin sidewalls for excellent road feel, segment-leading low rolling resistance and biting grip in the turns.
Where the rubber meets the trail, WTB's Breakout provides serious traction with speed. That speed is courtesy of fast-rolling center tread. Then, to come alive in the turns, you've got intermediate knobs transitioning to oversize side knobs that stick to the trail. So get your lean on. In or out of the bends, the true 2.3/2.5-inch width provides huge volume for traction as well as cushion over small chatter and big hits. Plus, WTB's TCS tech deliver the ride benefits of tubeless tires with the reduced weight of a non-UST tire, so you get the best of both worlds.