The Banjo Brothers' Grocery Bag Pannier is sized to perfectly accommodate a standard grocery bag. It attaches to any standard rear rack (sold separately) and folds flat when not in use. It's equipped with a strong steel frame and a rigid polymer liner. The front and side panels are ripstop with ballistic fabric in high-wear areas. It also includes a shoulder strap and a quick-release mount. So ride to the store, take your pannier inside, fill it with groceries, and reattach it to your rack. Shopping = done.
Banjo Brothers' Saddlebag Panniers are perfect for commuting, everyday errands, and light touring. They mount to most rear racks (sold separately) with a single strap, so you can just load them up with work stuff and take the whole bag into the office. They're low profile, so they won't slow you down and they're built with ripstop fabric with ballistic reinforcing in wear areas so they will last and last, like all of Banjo's gear. These saddlebags also feature cinch straps on top to hold extra gear and reflective accents all around for extra visibility.
The 100% waterproof Banjo Brothers Pannier Backpack converts from pannier to backpack in seconds and it's the most affordable "backpack pannier" on the market. Bicycle commuters everywhere can rejoice. No stupid gimmicks. The pannier hooks end up opposite the rider's back, making the backpack more comfortable.
Not many people know just how stubborn Banjo Eric is. Maybe it's the German in him but for two-plus years, he steadfastly refused to launch a pannier that converts to a backpack into the Banjo Brothers line until the comfort and functionality were 1000% perfect. You, my friends, will be the benefactor of his dogged determination to make a better mousetrap.
HOW DOES THE CONVERTIBLE BACKPACK PANNIER WORK?
Remove the pannier from the bike. Unhook the panniers main flap and reverse it over the pannier hooks and use the side-release buckles to secure it in place. Backpack straps will be revealed. Put the backpack straps over your shoulders, adjust and you're ready to go.
New for 2021
A universal J-Hook designed to work with most racks replaces the triangle ring with dropout hooks. Since the J-Hook is designed to attach directly to the rack, we no longer supply the dropout hooks. For a short time you might find legacy inventory with the older system, however, Banjo Brothers will no longer supply or hold replacement parts for those systems.
- Weight: 3.1 lbs
- Dimensions: 15.5" H x 11.5" L x 6.75"D
- Capacity: 1100 Cubic Inches / 19 liters
- What size laptop will this bag fit? 10.5" x 16" (generally 15" laptops)
- Sold as: single pannier
- Two-layer design with a ballistic outer layer and welded-seam liner that is fully replaceable.
- What does the inside of the bag look like?
- What will it hold? Generally, this is an ideal bag for bike commuters. It holds extra shoes, lunch, change of clothes, and your computer.
- Flap pockets and side pockets
- Reflective piping and striping
- Places for flashing lights on the pannier and backpack sides
- Outer quick-access flap pocket and two side pockets
- Included handle and two backpack straps